Thursday, July 4, 2013

Feature & Follow Friday July 5, 2013


Alison Can Read Feature & Follow


The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts,Parajunkee & Alison Can Read
What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas.
Question of the week: Today’s is the US’ Independence Day. Share your favorite book with a war in it, or an overthrow of the government.


Answer: I don't read a lot of books with war in it so my selection is very limited. But, if i had to choose one, I would pick, The Things They Carried by, Tim O'Brien. Perhaps even Gone with the Wind by, Margaret Mitchell. Oh I just can't pick! Anyways, I found both of those books in school when I had to read them for English class and have enjoyed them. The Things They Carried is set during the Vietnam War and Gone with the Wind is centered around the American Civil War. The two books are very different, but they both tell the tale of hardships and loss as well as a new found sense of hope. I wish I could go into more detail, but I don't remember all that much.


     

(this land was made for you and me)
***** Can't wait to see what everyone else has on their list. I may start reading more to expand my puny list of war books. A happy Independence Day to all those in the USA. Comments and follows are what I'm all about. ;]


-V 


13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Things They Carries...I checked out reviews for it and it seems like a very powerful book. Already added it to my TBR list and I'm going to hunt for a copy soon.


    New follower via GFC

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think to pick Gone With the Wind until I'd already made my post, but it is a book I love. I really, really need to read The Things They Carried, I have heard so many wonderful things about it!

    New follower via Bloglovin.

    http://vstackofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are both great books! :D I hope you do end up reading The Things They Carried, it's really good and you won't regret it.

      Delete
  4. I hadn't thought of Gone With the Wind. Excellent choice!

    New GFC follower.

    Slytherpuff
    My FFF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these before! I'm so behind. I'm a new GFC follower. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices. I had a hard time choosing this week because I don't read many books about war.

    New follower on GFC.

    Linsey @ mybooksnthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not familiar with that one!

    Thanks for visiting and following my blog! Returning the follow!


    Have a GREAT weekend!

    NEW Follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of your picks before. Thanks for stopping by mine already! New follower via Feedly.

    Becky @ Book Bite Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. I debated adding Gone With The Wind and Night by Eli Weisel to my list, but even though I read them both in high school I wanted to limit my list to true YA. But great picks! Thanks for visiting my FF. New follower.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you, i'm not a big war person when it comes to books!

    New follower via bloglovin'!

    Here's my FF

    Amber @Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :]