Sunday, March 6, 2011

Save Earth Sunday and a Book review! :)

Howdy everyone, it's Sunday and you know what that means, school tomorrow. :(
But lets enjoy our last few hours of freedom. :D

Save earth Sunday is an event I made to help the planet. Every week on Sunday I will post eco tips we can all use daily to help impact the earth. Feel free to post your own eco tip(s) as well and don't forget to leave me a link to your post so I can do it too.



 
This weeks tip: 
It definitely pays to give a thought to your here and thermostat, since most households shell out 50 to 70% of their energy budgets on heating and cooling. For every degree you lower the thermostat, you'll save between 1 and 3% of your heating bill. Do the same thing in reverse with air conditioning.

Alrighty now moving onto the book! 
A few days ago I finished reading a book called Mad Love by Suzanne Selfors.
  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Hardcover: 336 pages
  • Publisher: Walker Books for Young Readers (January 4, 2011)
  •  
When you're the daughter of the bestselling Queen of Romance, life should be pretty good. But 16-year-old Alice Amorous has been living a lie ever since her mother was secretly hospitalized for mental illness. After putting on a brave front for months, time is running out. The next book is overdue, and the Queen can't write it. Alice needs a story for her mother-and she needs one fast.

That's when she meets Errol, a strange boy who claims to be Cupid, who insists that Alice write about the greatest love story in history: his tragic relationship with Psyche. As Alice begins to hear Errol's voice in her head and see things she can't explain, she must face the truth-that she's either inherited her mother's madness, or Errol is for real.
 
My thoughts:
I thought this book was pretty good!I picked up this book because I love the story of Psyche and Cupid and all that mythology humbobaloo. There were parts that didn't seem very realistic but were funny. The ending seemed somewhat rushed. But overall I thought this was an enjoyable read. 
 
Stars: 3 our of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. :]