Friday, January 18, 2013

Nightshade (Nightshade #1) by Andrea Cremer Review


Nightshade (Nightshade, #1)Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Summary by Goodreads:

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything- including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?

I really enjoyed this book. It was one of those stay-up-late and wake-up-early moments for me. I thought it was well written and the main character, Calla, was a strong female heroine, different from the weak whiny protagonist in need of saving all the time. I've read a few werewolf books in the past and have found them to be somewhat predictable, but I found this book refreshing and different. Calla, the protagonist has been in an arranged marriage since birth. Set to be married, she knows she will have to submit to the male alpha no matter how difficult for her. As the date quickly creeps up, Calla finds herself questioning everything that she has ever believed. She doesn't know who she can trust and to make matters worse she can't seem to stay away from the mysterious boy she saved in the woods.
The ending of this book seemed a little abrupt. I was hoping the whole battle at the end would be a bit more drawn out and dramatic and was disappointed that everything seemed to just conveniently or should I say too easily fell into place. But overall this book was great and I can't wait to read the next one. :D

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. :]