Friday, June 14, 2013

Burn for Burn by Jenny Hans and Siobhan Vivian


Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn, #1)Burn for Burn by Jenny Han
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My Review:

I finished this book last night and it was exciting! It was one of those books that when you finish you can't sleep because your mind is reeling and you want MORE! It was fun, entertaining, witty and of course dramatic. When I picked up this book at the library, I just wanted a fun read, and that is exactly what I got.The book is centered around three girls that live on Jar Island, a small and close-knit community, where everyone knows everyone. There is Kat, who wants revenge on her ex-biffle, Rennie, for spreading all these nasty rumors about her. Lillia wants revenge on her friend, who is a boy for taking advantage of her little sister. And lastly there is Mary, who is coming back to Jar Island to get even with the boy that sent her packing in the first place. These three girls team up to make their victims lives a living hell. While I was reading this I was thinking about how it's sort of like Pretty Little Liars, but from A's point of view. I enjoyed reading from each of girl's perspectives. I thought that they had distinct voices that made them distinguishable from each other. Lillia, was my favorite character, because her story seemed the most interesting, in-dept, and developed. I wish there was more interaction between the three girls. I feel as though I didn't really get to understand Mary all that well. Maybe this will change once I read the second book. The ending was very dramatic and left behind a big cliffy. At first I didn't know this was a series, but good thing for Goodreads, because I found that there is another book. I want it NOW! Anyways, happy readings. :] Come visit me at my blog http://readbookshavefun.blogspot.com

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. :]