Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lets end the week on a positive note.

Hey guys, I just got out of piano lessons and I don't know about you guys but I love learning how to play new songs. (especially Disney songs) I'm still a beginner though, so I hate getting books that are too complicated for me. So on that note I've decided to review some music books that I've been using. I hope that they help you as much as they've helped me! :)

The first one I will review is my probably my favorite book. It's called,

The Disney Collection (Easy Piano Series) by Hal Leonard Corp.



This book has a lot of good songs. Though there aren't many popular Disney songs in here like Aladdin, Hercules, Beauty and the Beast or Mulan. They still have some by The Little Mermaid, Dumbo, Bambi, Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, and etc. You can find a list of the songs here. I really enjoyed this book, It was a lot easier to read.
I'm going to give this book 5 out of 5 stars.*****

The next book I will be reviewing is another Disney book but a lot more complicated. This book is for the more advanced folks out there. It's called: 

New Illustrated Treasury of Disney Songs (Piano/Vocal/Guitar Songbook) by Hal Leonard Corp.


I found this book to be really frustrating because this it was too complicated for me. Though I'd give this book an A plus for the variety of songs listed. This book probably has every single Disney song you could ever think of. (too bad I couldn't play any of them) This was the first piano book I bought. After seeing how difficult it was I went out and bought the easy version that you can see above. I soon hope to be able to play from this book as I progress with my piano lessons. 
So right now I'll give this book a 2 out of 5 on a playable scale for beginners. **
Next are some non Disney books that are fun and very simple to play.  

Piano Literature Book 1 (revised edition) by Faber & Faber.

This is the first book that I started learning out of. This book has a collection of very nice and simple pieces  for beginners. I really enjoyed this book. It made me feel like a pro at the piano. (ha-ha just kidding but it helped me to improve.)
So I'll give this book a 5 out of 5. 
If you want to check this book out on Amazon, just click here.

Piano Literature Book 2 (revised edition) by Faber & Faber.

This book was a step up from the first one. It was a bit harder to play but not too difficult. I found the songs on here to be very fun. Here are a list of the songs: King William's March, Bourree, Minuet in G Major, Menuet en Rhondeau, Air in D Minor and etc. (sorry guys I am too lazy, but I hope that gave you a general idea?)

I'll give this book a 4 out of 5 stars. ****

Classics To Moderns In the Intermediate Grades by D. Agay



I am using this book right now and I love it! Though I'd say that this book is more intermediate. The songs on here are really fun to play if you like classical music. You can find the list of songs on this link.
I will give this book rating a 5 out of 5 stars *****

So I hope you've enjoyed a change from my usually book reviews. I'll try to do a few more of these in the future. Anyways lets end the weekend doing something unforgettable! :)
Later Gators. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. :]