Saturday, February 19, 2011

Follow Friday#2/ Blog Hop

Hello everyone I hope that you're all having a fantastic weekend! :)
Sorry I haven't been updating lately, I've been applying for scholarships still.... It seems to take me forever to just get the energy to even think about filling them out. But good news I am now on vacation. Hooray! So hopefully I will be able to get things done. Anyways moving on here is my Follow Friday post hosted by Parajunkee.




This weeks question is: 

If you are a fan of Science Fiction what is your favorite book? If you haven't read Science Fiction before...any inkling to? Anything catch your eye?


I would have to say that my favorite sci fi book is Wizards First Rule, by Terry Goodkind. Although I'm not much of a Sci-fi junkie, I was first introduced to this series when I saw the TV adaptation for it. The TV series was called, Legend of the Seeker, I LOVED the TV series! I thought it was fantastic and awesome and amazing. The whole plot was just breath taking. And if you haven't seen it I would suggest it to everyone in the whole wide world! And because I enjoyed the TV series so much I decided to read the book. I thought the book was enjoyable but not as great as the TV series. :( I'm still glad I read it though! 
( I like this cover of the book way more then the original because it shows the characters from the show!)
Here is the synopsis from the book:

In the aftermath of the brutal murder of his father, a mysterious woman, Kahlan Amnell, appears in Richard Cypher's forest sanctuary seeking help-and more. His world, his very beliefs, are shattered when ancient debts come due with thundering violence.
In a dark age when it takes courage to live, and more than mere courage to challenge those who hold dominion, Richard and Kahlan must take up that challenge or become the next victims. Beyond awaits a bewitching land where even the beat of their hearts could betray them. Yet, Richard fears nothing so much as what secrets his sword might reveal about his own soul. Falling in love would destroy them - for reasons Richard can't imagine and Kahlan dare not tell him.
In their darkest hour, hunted relentlessly, tormented by treachery and loss, Kahlan cals upon Richard to reach beyond his sword - to invoke within himself something more noble. Neither knows that the rules of battle have just changed-or that their time has run out.
This is the beginning. One book. One Rule. Witness the birth of a legend.

( and here is a cover of the tv show just for kicks!) 
That's all for now, Goodbye everyone!
-Veronica

5 comments:

  1. I'm hopping by to let you know that I'm a new follower!

    Hope you will hop by, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through for the weekend. I've heard great things about The Legend of the Seeker, so I might look it up online one of these days. I've been meaning to try the books for some time as well, so getting my bearings with the show might be a good first step.

    If you feel like hopping my way, come venture into The Wolf's Den. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah you should watch it, it's really awesome!!
    thank you for all the comments as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping by to follow. I love this book. I've read the whole series, and highly recommend it. Although, like most long series, it does get repetitive in parts. I have to admit, I never knew they made it into a tv show.

    http://workadayreads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for all comments guys!! I will follow you too so don't worry! :))

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :]